Also this last week has been a motor sport fest for my husband, F1 and TT races, so I set myself some projects to keep busy. Our neighbour still has loads of rhubarb which I have made into some jam.
I used a recipe that was equal rhubarb and sugar, plus lemon juice and bruised fresh ginger.
In my sewing room I used a metre of light polyester and a free pattern from my Sew magazine to make a blouse for the parties. I like this pattern the body is only 3 seams and some gathering and though the yoke looks complex I followed the instructions carefully and it was OK. It is sort of a double layer with interfacing so sits nicely. The back fastening is button and loop - I think I would go for something more firm if I did it again as it felt a little loose and I worried it would come undone, so I used quite large buttons to fill the loops!
Meanwhile back to weeding the polytunnel and veg gardens! Never ending tasks.