Thursday 3 September 2015

Car disaster

I regretted the decision not to have coffee or lunch at the garden centre just before this happened! Also regretted not taking a mobile phone or knowing the name of the local garage or keeping snack supplies in car (3 hours later)! But we got to know a lovely lady nearby who phoned for us and a nice lot of garage people  who eventually helped us to get home on the local bus with our very prickly shrub!


Oh well, have to spend 3 days at home weeding while the thing is repaired.

2 comments:

  1. Its good to know there are still good people in this world that will extend an offer of help to a stranger in difficulties. Its 'Murphys' law that whenever I don't have my phone with me something will happen when I really need it. Hindsight is marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We recently agreed to have just one mobile between us, so it is a shared, joint phone - but obviously it was my fault we didn't have it! We are going to agree a checklist for any trip out in the future. No 1 - are there any biscuits in the car??

      Delete