Thursday 24 January 2019

Few flurries of snow

It is cold but our frosts so far have been light and the snow no more than one 20 min flurry.  Still cold out there so been trundling around indoors for what feels like days and days.  Except when I went to post a birthday card and took the opportunity to go up the footpath through the village churchyard. Bit muddy but could be pleasant in the summer.  Next time I will take my camera.

For Xmas we were given 4 of these micro-wavable bowls with plastic lids. They have pop up round bits that let out the steam.  Reheated some shepherds pie and some sponge pudding and custard yesterday and they worked a treat.  Must write to the person who gave us the gift with thanks.

We have had a curtain across our front door for ages but it really was not a good fit and this last week the drafts were noticeable.  I remembered I had a length of not very exciting stone coloured upholstery fabric stashed away so I dug it out and made a new curtain.  Not quite enough matching ribbon for all the ties to go round the curtain pole above the door so reused the old blue ones until I am in town again.

I have been taking 20 to 30 minutes out of the day to put a second coat of white emulsion on the walls of the kitchen.  I have been doing it in sections as doing any thing in a kitchen is disruptive to meal prep!  We still have not got the tiles for the windowsill and I was fed up with the grotty bit of plastic protecting the sill and splash back.  I decided to sacrifice a length of a wipe clean PVC coated tablecloth we use on the dinning table (its too big anyway) and it makes a very pleasant alternative to the missing tiles.


My laptop is getting worse. (nearly 10 years old) Its right click to do spellcheck will not load, Soon my posts will be gibbberish.

5 comments:

  1. Those bowls sound really good are they ceramic. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a very heavy ceramic. The outside has a sort of pebbled texture.

      Delete
  2. I like the bowls very much. Ingenious idea to use the tablecloth, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the tablecloth. It looks pretty and very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is looking nice a bright. I love those bowls!! Wonder if I could manage to find some here.

    We are heading into snowy weather here. Probably a foot or more once it is over, if the weather pundits are correct.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete