Friday 8 February 2019

One step forward, one back

Its been a stressful week here. One lovely almost spring day when I wandered round without a coat and did some serious spring prep gardening and then 3 days of rain and wind. Still, not too cold considering, and things are coming on and seeds are popping up in the propagator.

Husband has discovered YouTube videos on gardening and is exploring how to have his own channel.  Keeps him quietly occupied.

My laptop has been replaced by a cheap tablet and I am busy congratulating myself on getting to grips with it.  I have managed to down load an app and can now borrow e books for free from my library. I still prefer paper so will still be going for a bag full of books every 3 weeks.   I have to download another app thing to read free magazines which will be worthwhile - Gardeners World, Artists, etc. which I would not pay for.
Usually I have a mental melt down when I have to deal with software and downloads but I have coped quite well.  I shall pop out to the sewing room to make it a cosy case later.

Local mobile carpet dealer managed to fit our new bedroom carpet in 1.5 hours. Pretty good. We have waited 4 years + as the floor boards had to keep coming up for electrical work to be done. But I have declared a halt on any major investments in this property now as we will never get the return on it. And I wanted a carpet!  it is warm and cosy now.
Before with the scratched white painted boards we inherited.

During the furniture piled up

After.  Took 3 days to put it all back!

So that's the forward - why backwards?  The boiler is still on the blink and we are operating it manually.  so first out of bed puts it on for an hour, last one in the house after breakfast has to turn it off. and so on, all day. The electronic gizmo is not working and the return valve sticks and pumps the heating till we boil (literally). Shaun the plumber, lives round the corner,  came round on his way home and puzzled it out for a bit, next day he quoted £30 for the bit. We just need him to come home early one night so he can tackle it in the daylight.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of wooden floors, but carpet is so much warmer in the cold weather. Especially in the bedroom. Yours looks beautiful. Enjoy! And good luck with the boiler. So nice to have a plumber around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, well done on setting up the tablet! I hate technology, setting up new stuff gives me a headache. Hope the boiler gets sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carpet looks lovely, I hope you get the boiler sorted soon. I had yo buy a new laptop a couple of years ago and it took me a while to get to grips with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the carpet is nice and cozy on your feet in the mornings. Love the colour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete