Wednesday 20 February 2019

Rhubarb

 What's under here?
Early rhubarb!

A couple of days later and we have enough for a little bit stewed and served with custard.  Very welcome.

We don't have any bigger pots, so will have to choose a mild day to start hardening it off now and then let it grow away.
The sticks (broken canes) poking out the tops have kept the pots in place despite so strong winds and are loose enough for the rhubarb to push the pots up if they grow to much.

Meanwhile seeds are being sown every few days and are popping up quickly in the conservatory - after that they go to be looked after in the greenhouse.

Had some chilly starts this week so I am finding some odd jobs indoors till after 10am. I am trying to turn this unpainted door white. 3 coats of undercoat later and half a tub of wood filler for the cracks and nicks in it and it is coming along.

5 comments:

  1. We grow rhubarb and I do eat it, but have to confess to not really liking it that much....husband loves it though. Does forced rhubarb taste any different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love rhubarb. I haven't had any in quite a while - since I used to grow it at a previous home. Maybe I'll have to grown it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love rhubarb and eat it raw when I get the chance. Ours won't appear for awhile yet and I am looking forward to the first taste.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete