Friday 5 February 2021

Vaccines - bit like buses!

 Hubby having followed NHS instructions and booked the jab at the local theatre within 48 hours got  call from local GP to offer him an appointment as well! Decided not to mess around with their systems and stuck with the Sunday run to the local town. Only now its due to snow!   Hopefully we won't have to cancel after all.

Do you keep a diary? After 25 years of having an office diary full of meetings, due dates for projects, etc etc I was glad to ditch my paper diary. But the last 3 years we have kept a "growing" diary for our fruit and veg. Its useful in comparing what went in, when and where. Last week we looked up when we put in peppers and how long they took to show. This year after 15 days the same seeds are not doing a thing!

We also noted last year our water butts were bone dry by |March 5th and that the day time temperatures were 18C!!!! Bring it on! Up to our ankles in mud!

The one thing I regretted by the end of the year was I did not note the pandemic more. We argue about what happened when. |No doubt one day it will be in a history book.


Well done Cadbury's!!! Welcome back to the |UK to make our chocolates! I love British manufacturing.  Its a pity they cant rescue the Cadbury factory near Bristol too - I know if hit a big bit of the town when that closed and they moved everything abroad. 



I must note that I went to Bourneville when I was 15. I did not eat chocolate for 10 years as the smell and the sight of the manufacturing made me feel sick.  


4 comments:

  1. My brother has his jab Sunday at the Colchester football ground and my brother in law has his tomorrow same place. There is no local sites to their homes. Colchester is 21 miles away but it's worth every mile. Let's hope Cadbury are the start if a trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I do keep a daily diary. I list what needs to be done, what phone calls or appointments I or Harvey have.

    I probably will not be getting a vaccine shot until July or August. Things have slowed down to a crawl here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also still keep a diary, just to remind me of the things I need to get done. That doesn't mean they always get done though!
    Hope you were able to get the jabs done yesterday.
    We live only a few miles from Bourneville so grew up with the Cadbury name. Glad it's back now.

    ReplyDelete