Friday, 2 January 2015

First sewing project of 2015

I was given some lengths of cloth for Christmas one of which was just right for a blouse pattern I have been saving.  This was a free pattern on a magazine from an "Indie" (independent) designer ie not one of the main sewing pattern suppliers. I am adapting it a bit, shortening the sleeves and losing the bow tie!  The sewing method was new to me - so I am experimenting! In this method you overlock or zigzag the edges before sewing the seams which are 1cm wide.  In my old fashioned methods I would have used french seams. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make clothes all the time. One reason was cost the other was I'd get a much better fit, I'm quite short in the arms and legs. Basically I'm short. Lol. Now you can get petite sizes and short length trousers. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Next bit of kitchen

Kitchen was disrupted again for 2 days while the husband fitted the kitchen hood. Luckily I was able to switch the menu to meals that needed...