Friday 29 September 2017

Saving some money on the mobile?

I have long criticized my husband's choice of mobile phone provider and contracts mostly as we never  use the minutes or texts all up and we NEVER use the data allowance for a mobile device.  If we are out we are out to see the scenery, enjoy being with other people and explore for ourselves - not use Google or constantly check the virtual world.   So finally after yet another change in contract charges and another bill error they can't explain or put right, he has given up with contracts and listened to me and our eldest's advice.

Image result for mobile phones

We have a cheap phone (very old fashioned) and now a £10 PAYG sim card deal.  One from a supermarket where you get club card points  and access to a real person standing in the local store that can sort problems there and then (like unlocking).  I have a bet we will not use £10 in a month so it will be cheaper than the provider's last ditch offer  to keep us on their list. I shall win this bet - its been 6 days and we have not made a call or a text yet.



6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. Some of my children pay at least £30 a month just to chat and text and never use all their allowance. £10 will last me up to a year. They smile and call me a tightwad. I'm the one that's smiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am jumping in on this because I entirely agree with you on this. As Janipi says £10 lasts me a year at least and I have no need to have the internet on my phone.

    I have just started reading your blog which I am enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I suspect a family crises will cost us dear one day.!

      Delete
  3. Horses for courses. I use my phone for everything including as a sat Nov as it's always up to date. I pay BT £8 a month as I have my own phone. I will move if they attempt to increase it as this is all I'm prepared to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our sons laugh at me because my phone is just that a phone. I call or text on it and that is all. Oops, I do take the occasional picture which I email to myself when I have WiFi available. No data on my phone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my phone all the time for everything and anything other than making a call. On our way back after trips I love to check the roads we are using to be aware of any problems. Plus weather is good to know.

    ReplyDelete