Monday 30 October 2017

Fish pattern

I really admired this rug in our holiday rent recently. A clever interlocking fish design.

I made a pattern using a piece of newspaper and have been working on it to get an accurate shape.

I am using some leftover curtaining fabric to mix and match like the original design.  Only - can you spot the error?


The thirds have to be even - if you want to do thirds in different designs and fit together!  I had to start again with the pattern.
The next trail pattern making was more successful.

I am thinking about how I can use this pattern for some future soft furnishing or quilting projects. I am going to look in the charity shops and bargain bins for some suitable materials.


4 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love your colour combination.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilting pattern. Well done for working it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pattern, what a lovely alternative to the normal ones. Well done on working it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete