Friday 24 November 2017

Early Christmas present

There was a bit on local radio this morning about what not to buy women over 50 for presents - flowery soap, pots and pans, slippers.

Look what I got for Christmas. Early.  A dish washer.  Next stage of the kitchen refit.


My husband did a temporary join to the old pipes but left buckets there in case they pop off. The electric means unplugging the kettle and using an extension.  It works well and though it is only small it should suit us. He is hoping he can rip out the sink and we will be able to cope with washing up for a few days while he fits the cabinets and plumber/electrician do their bit.  I will need to think carefully about meals for that week - think I need to get a lot of pre-cooked stuff into the freezer!


10 comments:

  1. Sometimes I would really, really like a dishwasher and other times I think I don't need one.
    We shall see when we finally get the kitchen done if I decide to have one or not.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not sure but when you are cooking from scratch you can build up quite a pile!

      Delete
  2. I adore my small dishwasher, on family meals it is used quickly twice, but on the whole perfect for the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like us. I am sure my two washing up daughters in law will be delighted.

      Delete
  3. No dishwasher here, but there are days!!! I think a lovely smallish one would fit in beautifully here. Looking forward to seeing the finished kitchen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it will be the New Year before we get the installation done and trades people in. We are going away for Xmas!

      Delete
  4. I love my dishwasher. Clean and hygienic dishes are important to me. Mine is A rated for energy which helps me justify to myself that is ok to have one. A lovely Christmas present in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are sparkling. I am catching up with some long term cleaning and popping in things like the oven shelves.

      Delete
  5. I have the same size as you and it's fabulous especially after a big batch cooking session. Sometimes it takes 3 days to fill because of the meals we've had but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dishwasher. I resisted getting a dishwasher for years, convinced I enjoyed washing up. I wouldn't be without it now, although sometimes I think we could cope with a smaller one as there's only three of us and we tend to fill and use it every other day.

    I still wash up by the way as there's always stuff that won't come clean in the dishwasher or that isn't dishwasher safe.

    ReplyDelete