Monday 21 January 2019

Two good products

I am not paid to endorse products (would not have a clue how to do such a thing) but these two products have sparked my support.

I had a few "not so good" sponge cakes so I tried some different ingredients. Upgraded the basics margarine for Stork and the own brand flour for specialty sponge flour.
The flour has really resulted in a nice texture and taste.  Bit more expensive but for treats worth the extra costs.

I also found my own brand dishwasher tablets had been improved. 
The tablets are now wrapped in something that does not need removing. So no more foil or thick plastic wraps to take off, annoying to handle  and  I don't like getting the dish washer stuff on my hands.  As this is a cardboard box it means the product is 100% recycled. I know the loose powder in a plastic bottle is probably cheaper but then you have potential for spills and another plastic bottle to recycle.

I do product reviews on the supermarket shop and gave good feedback for these. I also joined a customer campaign to get the plastic packaging on own brand porridge replaced with a paper based one. They had about a 100 review comments mainly saying the same thing. Hope it works.

7 comments:

  1. I was in Morrisons today to buy some chiabata rolls for my husbands lunch. The usual bags had gone and were replaced by paper bags with a see through front panel. They were utterly useless, and I managed to get my finger through it and a big tear before I reached the checkout. Hopefully they will find something a bit more suitable to package their bakery items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coop bag of the same design tore in pieces on opening yesterday so I feel your pain!

      Delete
  2. That's interesting about the sponge flour, I'll certainly be having a look for it in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew there was such a thing as sponge flour. I was told warmth is the secret with sponges so now always take stuff out of the fridge the night before if I want to make a sponge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep 6 eggs out of the fridge all the time ready to go and try to take the marg or butter out at least an hour before as our new fridge works to well and keeps everything at 3C which is far too cold to start to cook!

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the sponge flour is like our cake flour here in Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen this flour. I’m going to look for it. I agree with the warmth idea. Eggs at room temperature works for me.

    ReplyDelete