Friday 18 January 2019

Was not me!


Image result for it wasn't me bart simpson

Being a bit anti royalist/aristocracy I was expecting my children to ring me last night to see if it was me running a certain older person off the road  in the local Norfolk area.  As Charlie Brown used to say in the cartoon "It was not me!".


Image result for norfolk beachesBut thanks for the speed reduction to 50 mph on that stretch my trips to the beaches will be a bit safer. Not that I have ever reached the heady speeds of 50 plus, with the traffic flow I usually tootle down there at 40 to 45 mph.    I suspect the poor ladies involved in this royal accident were not doing much more than that.


We despair at the local council actions taking so long - 40 accidents in 3 years? Surely action could have happened sooner?  We have similar village issues and data is being collected from those reactive speed advice signs which monitor how many times they switch on and the speeds people do. But apparently the data can not be public knowledge. We think knowing such figures would spark conscious of some at least.


3 comments:

  1. Here in Brighton we have 20mph in the town and a lot of the outer roads, it certainly slows things down even if people do go over it means speeds are cut.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea. There is 20 limit by the school for 200 yards, then 30 for 500 yards, then 40. Crazy.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't believe he is still driving at 97!! If he wants to drive he should do it on the grounds and not be allowed out of the gate!

    ReplyDelete