Wednesday 13 February 2019

Extra money?

UK elections in May. Did you know you can earn £200 or£300 working in a polling station? I always thought it was council staff but apparently you can apply via your council Web site.  I once did work on the census (next one due in 2001). But that involves a lot of walking house to house.
I won't be applying as I am going to stand for the parish council. For no other reason than they annoyed me by putting a 7foot sign directly opposite my front window. Won't listen. Probably broke several planning laws.  They will wish they hadn't!!!

7 comments:

  1. I did polling clerk several times. It's an OK job except for having to be at the polling station at 6am and not being able to leave until after 10pm and sitting in cold village halls on hard chairs..........otherwise it's easy money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with parish council - unfortunately they don't have much influence.

      Delete
  2. I've worked both our municipal and provincial elections and will apply to work the federal election later this year as the work isn't too hard and the pay is good.
    Good luck with the parish council election!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about working our elections here, but would rather just go and vote.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter has been doing this for a few years , here they offer it to existing council staff first , they take a days holiday and get paid on top

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fighting talk, well done. I hope they get just desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do it every time there are elections. Our fees are 150.00 for a Poll Clerk - which I do and 300 for a Returning Officer. Mind you, we're at the Polling Station at 6.30 am and don't get away until 10.30ish! If you work that out it comes to 10.00 per hour.

    ReplyDelete