Saturday 23 February 2019

It ain't half hot mum

Cor.  I could do with a break. It has been so warm and dry we are miles in front of last year with the early garden tasks.  We are reluctant to go too far in planting etc as it could yet go the other way. Meanwhile, I could do with a rest from digging and tidying.

Catkins are thick on the trees we planted 4 years ago and it is coming along as a "glade".  We had an enormous bonfire with this winter lot..
Then two days later it was as big again as I got on top of the buddelia. We want to take the top off the privet hedge in the front garden asap so that it is more manageable to cut but first we have to clear down and empty the burning spot.

I am operating without a coat outside and yesterday I was so hot I nearly took off a jumper! Would have done but as soon as it hits 14C we are plagued with knatty insects in swarms. I fear getting bitten so went off to fill the dish washer and make more tea to get away from them.

Meanwhile, my dastardly (to quote the cartoons) plans to rid us of the sign recently put up right opposite my house by the parish council are looking good. Planning officer agrees with me, but his boss has to rule on the letter of the law. Its a £2500 fine if it goes my way - that will teach 'em. Would not mind if there were allotments opposite (love an allotment, great fan) but it is rented to local farmers for next to nothing and they farm the land commercially!
Every time we sit down for a meal this is our view now. Come the revolution in May - vote them out, please fellow villagers!!!


2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed regarding the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a nice view at all. I hope that things go your way in regards to the sign.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete