Monday 30 December 2019

Respect and love for NHS?

Boxing day afternoon in a London Urgent Care Unit (joy, all round) I observed who the "people" who are purported to love the NHS treat the waiting area. If they love and respect it how come there were cheesy whotsits under one seat and half drunk plastic cups of water under several others?  At least the man dripping blood from a hand wound offered to mop it up!! If I had not wanted to vomit on moving myself, I was about ready to go round and pick some of the cups up.  If I could have gloves. Where is the respect for "your NHS" we have heard about daily for the last two months, I asked my youngest son  accompanying me? Save a fortune on cleaning if people just respected this space. Long political debate ensures.

Loved the young doctor.
Your blood pressure is a bit high.
What do you expect I retorted? Two hours of screaming kids, sweaty women dripping everywhere, blood on the floor, man behinds face slowly exploding in swelling bruises as his broken nose takes shape, and inexplicable fast tracking the queue. 
Most people get quite mellow having to sit for 2 hours and do nothing, he replied.
Those are the ones on their phones/gadgets turning themselves into the zombie brain dead with incessant beeping. 
Could you hear it? Because I think you have Meniere's disease of the inner right ear.
You need mild anti psychotic pills to turn off the noises in your other ear and stop the dizzy episodes.

Great, says my youngest son, - mad lady pills!!! How appropriate. Must get that on What's App Family Group.

Is it time for turkey curry yet?






6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had to spend some time in the A&E this Xmas. Hope you're feeling better now and it wasn't anything too serious.
    People disrespecting public spaces really annoys me too. Some people don't know how lucky they are to have such a service. They'll soon start squealing if things change in the near future.

    Is Meniere's a kind of vertigo? I had something similar once and couldn't get out of bed. Horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it makes the world spin! I was surprised there were no notices asking people to pick up litter. Or the NHS could supply those cone paper cups you can't put down. Would not have helped with the cheesy whotsits though.

      Delete
  2. Menieres disease is awful. Hopefully the meds will stop the dizziness. My mum has it but now under control and all is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better and I think it's controllable. Got to wait to see local GP next week.

      Delete
  3. Had to laugh even though subject is not really funny (it was the way you told it). I think it's a case of "if you didn't laugh, you would cry".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing, having a supportive family and being able to rage on blogger do help!

      Delete