Saturday 19 June 2021

An intriguing book

Readers of my blog will know I love an unsual book. This is a crime mystery with a difference and is beautifully written. 

 The Earth Hums in B Flat is a story of dark family secrets unravelled by the shrewd insight of twelve-year-old Gwenni Morgan, a child with an irrepressible spirit living in a Welsh village that is reluctantly entering the modern age. 



I worked out the village setting must be just north of Barmouth and although at first the village sounded very like "the Valleys" (anyone who every watched TV's Stella would recognise the community) it is a coastal setting.


I loved it. So unusual and says a lot about post war Wales. Recognizable in the 1980s when I lived there. 



15 comments:

  1. I will add it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds intriguing. Worth a try, say I. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting. I will need to see if I can get it here in Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good read. Thank you for recommending it. I will add to my own reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog. Your words were so good.
    With all the comforts of home, Waiheke Island’s premium retirement community houses for rent aresurely something to treasure for a luxury living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you OK? It seems ages since we've seen you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, THankyou So Much for the blog.
    Enjoy living in a truly fantastic community where you will get a chance to meet like-minded people! You will get 24-hour hospital-level care in our Remuera retirement village.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toll Free Numbers - They may call more often than necessary, even if they have no intention of purchasing your product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is especially true for companies marketing high-end product where customers and competitors will want to frequently make price comparisons Toll Free Numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it by emailing Dr Emu through emutemple@gmail.com and that was where I got the help to restore my marriage. WhatsApp +2347012841542
    Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that you are okay.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you want a duplicate wapda bill online check multan without any issue so must visit this wapda bill online check multan

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Peshawar Locale power Committee became changed over into an equivalent lawful offense substance called the Peshawar power supply organization (PESCO) for business venture purposes and resulting privatization.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just checking to see if all is okay. It has been awhile since you posted.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete