Friday 13 December 2019

You Tube channel - Gardening

Image result for state pension budget

I hinted some weeks ago I was experimenting with You Tube and thinking about doing a gardening channel thing from the perspective of retirees who grow things to eat and eke out the UK State Pension.


It all started because my husband, the photographer with lots of expensive equipment, had been saying he would do something for months but could not work out the movie making and editing bit and of course wanted to buy more lovely equipment i.e. a drone. I got fed up with waiting for his motivation to kick in. So I challenged him to a contest. He put movie software on my old PC.  I shot a load of quick bits and in two hours achieved a 4 minute video and added narration and music and uploaded to You Tube. A month plus later he is still hesitating!

Image result for slogging over a computer

Over the last few weeks I have put up 4 videos on growing your own fruit and veg and am working on my last for the year. And I think it may be the best to date its got a few bells but no whistles!. Although they are not very sophisticated as I just use a point and shoot small digital camera held in my hand. I have not Vlogged (as they say) which is talking endlessly to camera. And I don't think that will ever be me!  Only yesterday found out I could put my little camera on my husband's tripod so I can do stuff in front of the camera.

I am not sure yet if it will be worth doing a lot of this, but I do know I know a lot more about growing fruit and veg than some people on You Tube! And there are not many "elders" sharing sensible growing for the cooking pot.

So I called my channel "Grow to eat" which was a mistake, I think, as it comes up on a search along side these body builders who eat to grow their bodies! There is also another channel with the same name, but You Tube did not tell me that and mine loaded anyway. When you do an email address it usually automatically says there is another "MollyB" or whatever, in the system. Strange. 

Other strange thing, my family say I have put on a very posh voice. Honestly did not try to do that. It just comes out like that because I am still self conscience about sitting here with a mike talking to myself!

If you get time please go and look and give me some feedback.  I would be very grateful.
Image result for feedback icon

Here is a link to the first video.
(I think, It feels like I am still stumbling in the social media dark forest.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJd0NFZtzIg&t=21s


Now back to some more editing and learning before we go away for Xmas and for a short holiday somewhere a lot warmer than the British east coast in January!!



5 comments:

  1. I will check out your video later today. I think you are very brave to give this a try.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or foolish? It must be helping keep the brain cells active at least.

      Delete
  2. I've just subscribed to your channel and watched your videos. They are very good. I hope you continue to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: gardening experience

    ReplyDelete