Monday 24 February 2020

Pumpkin

Last Halloween I promised my grandson I would plant the seeds from his pumpkin and grow a big one for him. It was a supermarket buy so I was a bit unsure of the seed viability and 3 planted early. He had saved about 100!

Got 3 good ones in a few days and potted them on. Now one has gone a bit floppy.


What do you think? Too early and got too cold? Watering?  Seed viability?

Not worried too much, got lots more seeds and I looked it up and should be sown in March.

First time I have grown pumpkins at all.  Like to try something new each year.






5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't a clue about growing pumpkins. I've never risked saving seeds from supermarket purchases because if I'm going to spend time and part of my precious tiny plot I want a little more certainty. However I shall look forward to The Adventure Of The Pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel the same about saved seeds as I had no success with things like planting garlic that had sprouted before getting used. We shall see. may have one problem - how do I get a giant pumpkin from here in Norfolk to south London?

      Delete
    2. You grow a magic beanstalk, climb and then get it to bend and deposit you in just the right spot in London. Surprised you had to ask!

      Delete