Sunday 5 July 2020

Hospital phone service

The ambulance service scooped up my son at midnight yesterday (? night before? lost track of time) in crises and covid and diabetes do NOT make happy bedfellows even on day 4 of infection. The ward staff are really doing a great job with IVs and drugs, but just getting through the phone system to ask how it is going is proving a nightmare. First time I uttered the word Covid I got very quickly shoved off  down an extension that rang for 8 minutes and cut off.  Next time I got a lovely lady but then did 4 more transfers to find the right nurse station. Finally got a direct ward number and now its only 3 transfers if you can get through. If I get to the receptionist and the lines are busy I hang on for 10 mins to be next in queue. So if you end up here in the UK playing these telephone tag games, keep hanging in there.  If I get a chance to feedback to the hospital one day I think this should be highlighted as an improvement need for the sanity of relatives.

I like Matt Hancock as Health Secretary right through this crisis,  and this morning he gave Andrew Marr a right going over on the Sunday politics show.  No Andrew, its not over and stop making out we are all down the pub not social distancing!! 



Leicester lockdown: Hancock 'worried' about practices at clothing factories  - BBC News  
HERO!!


I have a whole list of things to do. First was to get check he had a phone. Yes, but hard on Mothers to get request to get his cat sorted while he actively throwing up at same time as the anti sickness meds were not working that we... Neighbour is going to feed and look after (it has an outside sleeping hut). Second make sure his work rights and sick pay are in place as that can get out of hand quickly and in past the employer has been a bit mean-hearted. Other son is taking that on. Next, where are house keys? and do we need to check out food etc going off if this goes on for weeks (no way is the ex wife getting those). But first I must find a shirt to wear that the mobile can be held in, usually it can go missing it for 3 or 4 days without noticing! No more.

4 comments:

  1. Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the communication lines improve and you are kept abreast of what's happening. I know it's a clique but he really is in the best place with the complications of diabetes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ordeal. Keeping fingers crossed for a good outcome for your son, you must be so worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and sorry to hear that your son is now in the hospital. At least they'll be able to give him the care he needs. I hope he makes a quick recovery, if this is possible.

    ReplyDelete