Friday 3 July 2020

Busy morning

Set off on my bike to the village to buy a stack of high dosage paracetamol for my son now his Covid19 has been tested and confirmed. Sorted it out in the small chemist at the far end of the village went to pay by card. What? Cash only??? Thought the world had gone card readers so there was no handling fifthly lucre?  Cycled back to Post office to get cash, a get well card and a jiffy bag. Back to the chemists to pay for goods and put in bag. Back to the Post Office to post drugs!!! 

Literally am now a drug runner! Or a drug cyclist?

So the 1 mile round trip turned into more like three and it started to rain. Bad decisions for the day continued as I realised I was unlikely to get the bedroom curtains dry which I had taken down earlier in a fit of finding things to do to keep busy and not stress.  It stopped raining but the wind was so strong I spent time picking the curtains out of the flower beds and repegging. My hollyhocks have reached up to 8 foot now but the winds are giving them a hard time as well as the washing!


.


Late afternoon I remembered I had to get my husband's prescription from the health centre but it was too windy to cycle so I walked the Half mile down the lanes. I was 6th in the widely spaced queue and I was starting to think I would miss the Daily Dose of Doom briefing at 5pm. All the promises of greater freedoms did not sit well with me as my son texted half way through to say his condition had worsened during the day but he promised to call the emergency number if he continued to throw up anymore. Why would anyone take a chance to get this thing and put thier bodies through this let alone worry their families so much? Is having a foreign holiday so urgent and important?


Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day (Captain Tom says that doesn't he?)


8 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you! I feel for you and hope you have plenty of liquid relaxants on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your son a speedy recovery. It's going to be chaos tomorrow with pubs opening at 6am! I hope you manage to relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I do hope your son recovers quickly.

    My hollyhocks always had a problem standing up and so we decided to get rid of them. Yours look beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks beautiful. Hope your son feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very worrying to have a poorly son far away. I hope he gets over it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your son improves quickly, it must be very worrying for you. The wind is playing havoc in our garden, and next doors overgrown plants are thrashing around like mad, luckily if any come down they will fall away from our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your son tested positive and is feeling unwell. I hope he is feeling better very soon. Your hollyhocks are beautiful. I love them.

    ReplyDelete