Saturday 11 April 2020

Volunteering

As my ambitions to volunteer for Garden Organic as a Master Gardener helping people start growing own veg are on hold except for posting on social media and putting up my videos on YouTube (Grown to Eat - An Acre in the Fens) I have turned my spare time to another of my hobbies!

I have volunteered to make scrubs for the NHS. Doing this through an organisation that supplies everything so that is great for me as funds are a bit sticky with having to buy local/online and not getting to go to Wilko for bits and pieces at better prices!  In our county its called Norfolk Scrubs Volunteers.


Meanwhile its not rained for 2 or 3 weeks and all the water butts are empty. Should not complain after all the wet and windy weather but now its too hard to dig!  I shall get the picnic chairs out instead and admire our shrubs in full flower.



3 comments:

  1. That is an amazing thing you are doing volunteering to make scrubs for the NHS. Thank you for doing that, it is much needed to keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Trish are they supplying it ready cut? They also want your head and now!!My 25bags go to Colchester hospital tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete