Thursday, 29 January 2015

Braising Steak

I cooked £3.85 worth of braising steak with some root vegetables in a (Bisto) gravy yesterday in the slow cooker in the morning. When it was cool I divided it into two.   One serving with dumplings (with a touch of sage added) yesterday and today I will add 4 oz of mushrooms and a pie crust. Both meals with fresh veg - probably no more than £5 spent on both meals.  £2.50 per meal for both of us.
Both meals were filling and warm - just what was needed on this rather windy and cold spell.


3 comments:

  1. I live braising steak with onions. As you say just what you need with this white stuff around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have just had a flurry today - hope that is it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I love meals in the slow cooker, I always get 2 meals out of it, and the best thing is it's in the pot and you don't have to think cooking later.

    ReplyDelete

Next bit of kitchen

Kitchen was disrupted again for 2 days while the husband fitted the kitchen hood. Luckily I was able to switch the menu to meals that needed...