- Home made pizza - using up 4 cheeses
- Home made minestrone in the slow cooker (10 litre) - using up veg
- Home made lamb meatballs - 3oz lamb mince plus Bulgar wheat from the store cupboard to make it go round
- Home made salmon fishcakes - left over fillet of salmon and some boiled potatoes with plenty of coriander, dusted in some breadcrumb mix from the back of the cupboard.
- Pasta and broccoli using some left over soft cheese to make the " sauce"
And to my husband's delight a big bowl of homemade trifle for puds - Xmas sponge fingers and blancmange packet only needed another jelly and a pint of full cream milk. It tastes better than semi skimmed we usually have.
I tried a mix of Greek Yogurt and Parmesan cheese on chicken breast baked (to use up the Yogurt from Xmas) but I was not impressed. I will check the receipt on the web site and try again before I recommend that!
Currently planning a fruit cake for my husbands birthday next week (just got to check I have everything I need in the cupboard - it will not have any brandy in it).
As he is suffering from a bad back and in a lot of pain he needs a treat!