Thursday, 2 April 2015

Busy on a glorious spring day

Absolutely lovely day with a steady 10C and no wind (at last). The greenhouse has been populated with the plants from the conservatory and the heating set up just in case.

We went over to the local fruit growers HQ to collect the last of our fruit order (they supplied raspberries, strawberries, rhubarb, etc in the autumn) This time it was no quite fruit - asparagus! This was the last item on our list.  They supplied 5 plants for £2 - a real bargain but then we probably have spent over £100 on our list!  My husband stripped yet more turf off the field to start to prepare the trench and tomorrow will build up the ground for the asparagus roots.  I probably should have done more housework like washing - but why waste such a beautiful day.  Even tea tonight was a simple pasta dish with chicken and pancetta in a cheese sauce with peas and carrots.

I posted off my entry to the BBC painting competition yesterday. Not as good as some on the gallery but I enjoyed taking up the challenge. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02kgkhg/p02kfzgb

What was shocking was the cost of sending this postcard - 63p!!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the Painting challenge programme on TV, made me want to start painting again ( Last done for O level in 1971!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sky arts are currently recording a "landscape Painter of the Year" for broadcast in the summer - so not long to wait for another inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I haven't painted since school but my friend joined a club and she does beautiful charcoal sketches. The price if a stamp is scandalous and you can't guarentee it is 1st class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are 90% electronic correspondence in this house but the other 10% of using post always gives us more problems. Your right the time taken is sometimes not all promised!

      Delete

Next bit of kitchen

Kitchen was disrupted again for 2 days while the husband fitted the kitchen hood. Luckily I was able to switch the menu to meals that needed...