Thursday, 30 April 2015
Organising sewing cotton reels
I saw this idea somewhere on the WWW and today all the pieces came together with 5 minutes to make it. I was wasting cotton as the reels were getting loose and tangled in my sewing tin.
Just a block of used wood that had been used for a project in the garden which I painted with some nice chalk paint (which I was given) and some screws from the overfull old tin in the shed left over from a lifetime of hubby's projects.
The only problem turned out to be the cotton reels had quite narrow centres and I had to search for screws with very small heads. I found most of the most suitable screws in those packets you get with prepacked hinges, etc from the DIY stores as my husband always casts off those packets as inadequate for the job in hand and used bigger ones!
I subscribed to a feed from GotoPatterns and have been receiving emails daily from Sewtorial with some lovely ideas for quick sew/craft projects. Recommend a look at their offer!
It has rained here today - not a lot, but it did quite a lot of good and refilled the water barrels. We are hoping it helps the seeds sown directly in the veg bed.
Kitchen was disrupted again for 2 days while the husband fitted the kitchen hood. Luckily I was able to switch the menu to meals that needed...
Frugal in Essex is always recommending using this on her blog so I have made an effort to re enter the site and have another go at playing w...
Everyone seems to be in same boat trying to save money this month. I updated our accounts this week and got a shock to find buying the Fuel ...
My project to make some new casual shopping bags is completed with these three bags. The blue from some charity shop curtains and a duvet; ...