We are happy to give it a try as the new sheds are put up this year we are sorting out guttering and water barrels anyway. But with an acre of garden in the driest county in the UK we may be heavy users! Apparently you can change back to non meter within 2 years if its more expensive. Which it cant be as the current bill is eye watering itself!
What the water board don't know is we have lots of questions and issues we want to addresses:
- Why have we got lead pipes delivering our drinking water?
- Why does our supply run from the road, 500 yards down our neighbours drive, then across his garden and into our house and not from the road onto our property?
- Where is the outdoor stop-cock anyway?
- Will we have to go to the neighbours property to read this meter? Or like last time we had one lay in the middle of the road with a torch and a magnifying glass to read it?
- Can we have some water pressure please? Luckily every other house in the road of 15 houses goes out to work, so as long as we wash or water in non peak times we get some flow! The grower next door and us can see our hoses and we co-ordinate not to water at same time!
This water board people may regret coming out to find us as part of the last 25% not on a meter in Norfolk! We are looking forward to seeing the team on its way to survey and talk to us!