Wednesday 13 January 2016

Update on meal planning


I posted on the 9th of my plan for the next seven days and it is going well.
two chicken breast meals of 300g each - one Korma curry and one chicken and mushroom in stock with a touch of chillis - both had enough left to provide one lunch dish each.
one large shepherds pie for 2 days from 400g of beef mince

We called at the fish wholesalers retail shop on the way home on Monday and got a kilogram of cod for £10. So this evening we had a fish meal instead of chicken. At lunch time we had a pea and spinach risotto. This is one of my favourite quick lunches which uses bits and pieces from the veg drawer and basic things in the store cupboard.  We have some spinach growing well in poly tunnel at present.

Saute some onion, garlic, celery and carrots in olive oil. Add the risotto rice and carefully coat with oil and veg. Use good stock gradually and let it absorb. Stir in some peas and fresh spinach (chopped). I stir in a big dollop of cream cheese or cream if we have any.  Test rice is cooked but not soft. Serve with grated cheese on top.  I kept today's portions under control and just made enough for too small bowl each.

I was very brave today and uninstalled Google chrome and re installed it. I am hoping that it will cure all the problems I am having moving around Blogger. So far so good.  Welcome to new followers Debbie and Cherrie.

2 comments:

  1. I spent yesterday afternoon reinstalling windows 10. At least this time I have no Registry problems straight away. Fingers crossed for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish "they" would leave the computers alone and let us stick with what we all know and love, but no they keep making things "better," who for as I know it's not us...LOL

    ReplyDelete