Wednesday 6 July 2016

Grandson's birthday

Welcome to new follower - from British Colombia! Now that must be a pretty spectacular place to live.
It is my Grandson's 2nd birthday and I have gone with a "truck" theme.  He had a truck card (from Cancer research shop £1) for his actual birth-day last week. We are going for the weekend and I have made him a "book bag" and I have found 5  books in charity shops (total £3) including a truck one!

We went for a wooden toy truck as we don't like plastic! And this matches his Xmas pressie when he had the car transporter. It was expensive, £12, but good quality.


The local hardware shop has loads of nice wrapping paper and of course there was one with trucks.
Meanwhile I have been writing a story book for him. Not trucks but about flying a kite. I have illustrated it with watercolour paintings. 


I hope he likes it. 

It was about all we could afford as just to travel by train to London and beyond costs £100 for the two of us, but I was determined to be at his (belated) party especially as its my birthday weekend too!

Gosh - RHS Hampton and Tour de France - thank goodness, a change from all that football!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky little grandson, love your book you have made him. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully unique present, it will become a family heirloom! Have a wonderful time Trish.

    ReplyDelete