Tuesday 30 January 2018

Suddenly there is space..

When the electrician came the other week I had to empty the built in wardrobe/cupboard so he could take up the floorboards above the supply box. When I put the clothes back I took out 4 more things that had not been worn for a year and one bath towel that was past its best.

Suddenly there was room to see what we had on the rail and space to put the towels back easily. So 4 years of downsizing and trying to live more simply is finally paying off.  I can easily see what I have to wear for the next two seasons (easily enough for day to day wear) and PLAN clothes needed for the winter to come.

My review revealed that the stretch jersey long sleeve tops will be long gone by the autumn. I had tried buying some in the fashion superstore last summer but they were in no better condition that ones I have had for years or brought from charity shop.  I am going to have another go at sewing some.  I have found a FREE pattern on Itch to Stitch blog.
Itch to Stitch Uvita Top PDF Sewing Pattern - Free Pattern
These pdf patterns are quite easy to download. This one had 18 pages to print out and stick together to make the pattern. I am trying it out on some old TShirting material in my stash but I intend to buy some thicker jersey material - 1.5 metres needed. So should be under £8 for a good jersey top.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just received my jersey material from the on line store, so am now raring to go.

      Delete