Saturday 17 February 2018

Hare's scream

OMG what a shock.   It was a nice afternoon so I thought I could just do a few things in the garden including cutting the long dead grass from around the autumn raspberries. My husband joined me ( he needed a break from the sports) and was cutting the canes down along side me.

As I poked the shears into a clump of long grass all of a sudden I could feel a resistance and there was a shrill screaming.  I had caught something in the shears blades.  There was a lot more screaming (me) while my husband searched the grass.

Eventually he found this.
A baby hare. He caught it and checked it and could find no damage or blood. But the poor thing just sat there for the next half an hour.

Later husband checked his nature/trail camera thing, and found that the mummy hare had been running around the fruit area of our field the previous night. I hope she comes back for it.


2 comments:

  1. I think I would have screamed too, I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the other side of the wheelbarrow having a break down for some time after that!

      Delete