Wednesday 28 March 2018

Not quite Spring

We had a couple of nice days this last week. We managed to get the first bit of grass cutting done.
And some rotovating of one bit of the vegetable garden.
Then the weather closed in again, chilly and wet.  So back again indoors.

We had two doorways in the kitchen with those hideous plastic brown folding doors. Plus they were broken at the top and generally useless.  I have gradually unscrewed the fittings and slid the bits into the non recycling bin. Raided the workshop for paint and poly-filler.  Then repainted the cupboard in bright white except for the boards holding the row of hooks on the right which I did bright yellow.  This made the narrow corridor and under stairs cupboard feel better and bigger.  I felt very proud of the make over even if I did feel a bit like being in the opening chapters of "Harry Potter". . My husband kept suggesting putting a door back on to keep me in.  Charming.
While everything was out of the cupboard I got on with racking off the last of the home made wine.

Won't belong before it will be ready for drinking.

How are you dealing with the delayed spring?


5 comments:

  1. Not dealing well at all. We are perhaps heading for another snow storm which will keep or youngest from getting home for Easter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan, winter has gone on too long. My seeds are having to sit on top of the radiators in batches to warm up the soil. Last night went very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. frustrated, waiting for spring, this time last year my garden was full of bloom. I love to see corners tidy, yours is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be dealing with it a lot better if I had a demijohn full of homemade wine! hahaha
    I hope you have a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there has been some stiff snifters this week!

      Delete