Tuesday 3 April 2018

Pirates and mini jumpers

I've got a sore throat. No cold or flu. Just been playing pirates with my grandson.  All that "Arr"  "we be bad pirates stealing the treasure" growling while hiding glass bead treasure in pirate caves made from the firewood stack plays havoc with the vocal chords (and knees).

The grandson goes to a posh private pre-school in London and they have a parent and child project every month on objects that start with the phonic letter they are studying. My son and his wife have been very keen to be the best parents in the class and have made planets, towers, and all sorts.  Its J when they go back after the Easter holidays. What to do? Any suggestions Grandma?

We checked the dictionary for what started with J. I mentioned that I once organised a Xmas fund raiser for Save the Children in the office where I knitted mini Xmas jumpers in the form of brooches.  I volunteered to make one. But when I checked the web site the ideas had moved on to bunting of mini jumpers! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-christmas-jumper-bunting

Bunting they cried - the teacher loves bunting! Somehow I ended up knitting 5 mini jumpers!!  Grandson choose the colours from some left over wools (avoiding any Xmas colours and we lost the snowflakes etc off the design) and he insisted on the order of hanging them and he did the decorating of  the recycled gift box for them to travel in.
Every time I sat down a voice cried "Knit, Grandma, Knit!"

There was a suggestion about including letters on the jumpers. My skills are not up to that!

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Grandma!! I hope your throat and knees feel better soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are practicing a K for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant Grandma you are xxxx Hope your throat is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word that bunting is just too cute. What a pity I can't knit.

    Hope you are recovered from your pirating.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete