Saturday 21 April 2018

Are you reading anything different?

I like crime novels.   I have read quite a lot Swedish crime novels, couple of  Danish, one or two French and Italian ones and  quite a few Icelandic.  All translated of course.   (Bit like Saturday night dramas seen on BBC4!)

Now I am trying a Spanish (well, Basque) crime story.  Bit strange. A completely different policing system and this particularly book leaves in quite a bit of local language and customs.


Its nice to try something a bit different.











2 comments:

  1. Have you read the books from the Canadian author, Louise Penney? She has a wonderful series about Inspector Gameche of the Quebec Surete and all the quirky characters from 3 Pines. This series is a best seller all around the world and she is hugely popular. It should be read in order but I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I returned my books to the library last week I brought home 4 quick reads all by well know authors. The first was a Lynda La Plant Prison story based on a real event. Two prisoners swap places so that one of them can attend the birth of his first child. They are great afternoon read.

    ReplyDelete