Sunday 3 June 2018

Up grading dinning room chairs

About a year ago I covered the beige boring and slightly grubby seat pads on the 4 dinning room chairs with a bright striped curtaining materials. After a year of use they were very grubby again.
Did it again this week, but strips now go across!  The material was still in my stash and the only other cost was the last of the staples in the box.  My visiting son had to help this time as the stapler is a bit too stiff for my poor wrists now. If we need to do it again I think I would invest in a electric powered one!

Son has a set of chairs with similar needs and went home with plans to recover his now he had practiced with me. He is planning to use leather.

While the chairs were upside down I saw that they were manufactured in 2004.  They are still very firm and in good state especially as we brought them in 2010 second hand from a nice cottage buried deep in the Malvern Hills. I remember loading them in the car involved a long walk down a narrow path, up some steps, up the hill to a lay by.  We wondered why they were so cheap, probably no one else would collect them!

4 comments:

  1. I do love the material, great job Trish. I know what you mean about stapler, mine fell to bits last week as I struggled to get it to staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time our chairs needed covered, webought an electric one and it has been useful for all sorts of jobs. Just don’t tell anyone you have it or they’ll want to borrow it and never think to replace the amount of staples. I can’t work the non electric one at all now as it is way too stiff and the recoil is so fierce. Lovely job on the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, bright and cheery fabric. You did a great job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete