Monday 9 July 2018

Courgettes

How are your courgette harvest going?
 Our plants seem to be thriving in the heat and my husband is giving them enough water to keep them coming.  So far keeping up - though we did have to have a courgette risotto yesterday - there was meat and rice just not a lot!

Got to the end of the red gooseberry harvest.  The gooseberry wine is plopping away nicely, the gooseberry jam is really nice and I can recommend it in a Victoria Sponge.  These are really ripe now - a deep crimson so really lovely in topped with crumble or sponge with custard.  I found I can top and tail 4lbs, by feel, while watching World Cup Football.  I wonder what I can do on Wednesday night?


2 comments:

  1. Great harvest, we have loads of pink gooseberries not sure what we will do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jam - its lovely. I do crumbles but actually I think a light sponge topping is best.

      Delete