Friday 19 October 2018

Sparrowhawk.

There was a bang and then sudden silence.
"Was that you?" I called upstairs to husband who was on the computer. "Have you fallen?
"What?"
I glanced out the front windows wondering why the flock of 30 odd hedge sparrows had stopped making their early morning noise at the bird feeder.  Here's why!!
The sparrow hawk either hit the front windows himself or frightened the sparrows into them (we often get bird strikes).  I rushed to get my digital camera and focus through the grubby window. (I have photo-shopped it to get a clearer picture from the dozen I rattled off).  It gave me an evil look (only 6 feet from the window) and stayed firmly on the body of the poor sparrow. 

 It only left when husband finally slopped out of the study and demanded loudly to know what I was going on about and opened the bedroom window above me.  Honestly,  he has hundreds of £s worth of special cameras and lenses up there and misses a golden opportunity for a special photo!

The rest of the flock of sparrows spent the day hiding in the thick hedge.


3 comments:

  1. Poor little sparrow. That is a great picture of the sparrow hawk.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is a much clearer picture than mine the other week. They are rather magnificent in close up aren't they

    ReplyDelete