Thursday 18 October 2018

Upcycling rugby shirts for 2/3year olds

My son sent a box of grandson's 2/3 year old clothes for me to play with in my sewing room. Quite  a few rugby shirts like this.
He really loved this style and wore these shirts a lot so they were very washed out and some stains!
I choose two in slightly different red and blue strips and turned them into quite a large stuffed elephant. You can get quite a bit of material out of these shirts as they had long sleeves!


Pattern from the internet, stuffing is a mostly an old pillow innards and some left over batting for the trunk and feet.

I shall have to offer to do the same for the other son's two if they want to save memories.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable and a lovey remembrance of something they loved.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect toy, it looks good. I have seen teddy bears with cut down first school uniforms, but nice idea to do a soft toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the elephant. I'm sure your grandson will be very happy with it. Would love to know the web address if you still have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I banged about on pininterest until I found a link that worked and would print out! Sorry did not note the site!

      Delete