Wednesday 4 December 2019

Winter veg

Finally had a few sharp frosts here. We are very close to the coast so we are a bit of a micro gentle climate.  But cold clear days with sun for a few hours are just wonderful.  Here is the view from the rear of the house - just look at that afternoon sun!



I took the opportunity to bob out to the garden just before this to pick as many veg as possible for the next few days. We are expecting some parcels and deliveries so I am tied to the front of the house to spot the delivery vans.
This was my haul. Bit cold washing the dirt off using the water butt water!!


The big parsnip had 3 or 4 "legs" which took some separating and cleaning up.
 I can never grow swede so I brought one for a beef stew last week and that can go with some of these to make some nice mixed veg soup!

6 comments:

  1. You have a lovely haul of veggies which will make a great soup.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was yummy. Added some left over haricot beans for extra filling.

      Delete
  2. My parsnips used to come out all shapes and sizes but all edible. Nice haul. The minute you sit on the loo the doorbell will ringπŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listened very carefully all afternoon, then when I went to get the logs one parcel was outside the door. Did not even knock!

      Delete
  3. Wow, still getting vegetables! Amazing! Here, we are fully snow covered!

    πŸŽ„πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like snow between 11 pm and 8 am and then melting by 1 pm, once a year. LOL.

      Delete