Sunday 5 January 2020

Simple ideas!

For 5 years these clamps lay in a box unused because my husband could not reach down for them. When I suggested a change round in his shed to create more space he remember I had pointed out some storage units for clamps on one of his YouTube woodworking channels. There was a fair amount of jealousy as other people have smart new ones, but that aside, he got some ideas. Found some scrap wood and resolved the problem by creating a shelf store that allows easy access up on a wall.
Space created I am now hoping he will get back to work on my plate rack for the kitchen/dinner.

While he was clearing out he tossed this plastic box out.
It seems that all these tools come in hard shell plastic cases. This one had a nice open inside so I have nabbed it to see if it will be of use in my sewing/craft room.
Trying it out for storing the big spindles of thread for my overlocker machine. It least they will be away from damp and dust. Re-purposing rules!


5 comments:

  1. Great idea, I wonder if Harvey has something similar in his workroom.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love simple ideas like this. I hope those clamps get put to good use now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is a bit warmer they need to come outside for bit of renovation!

      Delete
  3. My husband has other clamps...right now my mind is blank. he always just clamped them to the edge of one of his shelbes. But most are the kind that has jaws and you squeeze the handles like pliers. So they don't hang down and in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfectly called a simple idea. Thanks for share. Etizolam RX

    ReplyDelete