Wednesday 20 May 2020

Face covering prepare


Made face masks for hubby and I yesterday using the more curved design and elastic round ears type I was surprisingly how short a piece rather than the ties on the original US web site I took it from. Patrick Grant of Great Sewing Bee has the pattern on the BigCounnunitySew site now too labelled as the more complex design!.

Husband insisted I put his name on his too. I made a small bag to pop them into and like they do with scrubs just throw the whole lot in the wash at the end of the day.

Not resolved the glove issue yet.


Now i need to know where the car park and loo are open on the great north Norfolk coast line. Got own tea making things so not too worried about cafe (except I could really do with a bit of that carrot cake at Great Bircham windmill which we pass on the way ........). Sigh.








4 comments:

  1. Great masks. You've just reminded me that I intended to make bags for my masks, for transporting them from work after use. Thanks for that. I thought about it when I was sewing the scrub bags and then forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's the getting things off and safely stored that can transfer the germs.

      Delete
  2. I have a supply of disposable masks for the days I go into the office and ride the subway but have ordered reusable ones from 3 other companies - just to see which I like best as they are different styles. I want to use these for walks outside and maybe grocery shopping. Wish I could sew like so many of you in bogland - its been interesting watching how creative everyone has been.
    Finding a public loo is also an issue over here - I can only walk so far or do so many errands at one time (I take a water pill so always have to keep this in mind)! The few times that I've gone into the office I've taken something to eat and either a bottle of water or a thermos of tea - just not ready to even try out the very few coffee shops that are actually open for takeout. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the whole loo question that is keeping us home. In UK public loos are generally a bit uck at the best of times.

      Delete