Monday 1 June 2020

Scrubs and scarecrows

Completed another round of scrubs for Norfolk NHS appeal. A nice pattern top and red trousers this time which were actually easier to sew than the standard plain blue! Compared to some valiant sewers who did 30 or 50 sets I only did a few. And they were making XL and XXL and I was only doing Small. I am wondering if there are only a few small staff?  Anyway the need seems to have passed and they are "pausing" for June.



Once free from the scrubs I converted my dressmakers stand to scarecrow duty. The village is having a 2 day scarecrow festival/trail at the weekend. Trouble is every time I go in the log cabin it scares me!


Must remember to give it a mask. I found something to do with all those plastic carrier bags I get with Click and Collect and home deliveries at the moment (even though request do not use) I used them to stuff the arms!


Not a great picture but tried something new for lunch today with salad (overcome with lettuce from the garden this week).  Flatten some puff pastry (brought, obviously), score a line about an inch in all round and pick the inner square. make an red onion "sauce"  from 2 red onions, brown sugar and balsamic or other nice vinegar (I used cider vinegar) . Put on the square top, top with nice bacon and crumbled feta cheese and bake. I sprinkled a bit of dried basil but would be nice with fresh basil if you have it.  

It was really nice. And all the ingredients were what was left around the kitchen/fridge this week!

9 comments:

  1. I like that dish you made with pastry, bacon and feta, clever idea. That is a great project sewing the scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love shop bought puff pastry , its so versatile. The scrubs are great, well done Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrubs look great. Enjoy your scarecrow festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite weather it has been a great village success.

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious, must try that. I think I have some puff pastry in the freezer and I know I have bacon. Never be without bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those red scrubs are very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that puff pastry meal, sounds delicious, even though puff pastry isn't in the diet I am very tempted. The scrubs look amazing, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That meal sounds just lovely.

    Good for you on sewing scrubs for the NHS.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete