Wednesday 7 October 2020

Autumn Harvest

Gathered the ingredients today for Chilli and tomato jam. Its perfect way to use up late season harvests. I looked up several recipes online and then made up my own as I lacked fresh ginger, star anise and other fancy stuff.


Spent a good half hour (while waiting for parcels from husband's on line spending spree) dicing as much as possible. And washing the neglected jam making saucepan. (Have not indulged in jam making this year as we never finished last years or the years before!).

Put on for a good boil but it did not seem to go sticky? Added some more brown sugar, liquidised and re boiled. 

Ah well. It will still zip up some scrambled eggs over the next few weeks.

I have also been on and off the village Facebook page as I offered these things for FREE today.


We are altering our en suite and took out this perfectly good suite to put in one a tiny bit smaller. The built in "room" by previous owner is only good if you are a stick insect. Seemed a shame to take to tip so I hope someone wants to reuse them.



5 comments:

  1. Well done on the recycling, I'm sure you'll have someone take it. I had a landlord come round for my stuff to put in one of his houses that had been wrecked by the tenants. I make tomatio chilli jam, I cant honestly say it goes sticky but it does thicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our local selling Facebook page, we have got rid of loads and got some awesome bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you in offering the previous items from your bath for free. I hope someone picked them up.

    I need to ask what do you use the chili and tomato jam for?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great with cold meat and cheese. Especially good with plain chicken/roast. Bacon and sausages. Oh dear, it goes quickly!

      Delete