Tuesday 1 December 2020

Sweet chilli sauce

 I tried out a new recipe today to use up the abundance of red chillies from the poly tunnel the 8 or so plants have done well and I had gathered about 50!

The Good Food web site had a simple recipe. 20 chillies, 5 garlic clove, ginger, caster sugar and cider vinegar. 


I strained it to make a dipping sauce consistency. Used some as a marinade for chicken tonight. I usually have a bottle of branded chilli sauce in the fridge and this was just as nice. 

The garden is still giving us plenty of fresh veg though dressing in wellies, thick coat, scarf and hat to go and get things in the damp misty weather is a bit of a pain.  Washing the mud off the carrots using rain water is a cold business so we do it just before coffee time and come back in to warm up.




4 comments:

  1. You have done well to keep harvesting into December. We are under a few inches of snow today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness still harvesting in December. My hat is off to you. Wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to purchase all our fresh veg, but luckily we have a good new shop opened in our village.

    ReplyDelete