Wednesday 23 May 2018

Afternoon off

Left all the gardening undone yesterday and headed out  for the afternoon in our small boat.  Went up the River Wissey for about 4 miles.

Blue skies, 24C, heron, crested grebes, ducks with new broods, swans, heritage breed cows grazing the banks, only 4 other people/boats, and only half a dozen RAF Tornados flying low!



Wish I was quicker with camera as I missed all the birds and the newly emerging yellow flag iris in the banks. Husband did not put on his lifejacket, I did as I can't swim.

4 comments:

  1. I can't swim and therefore I would not go on a small boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only ever fell in once. Pity I was 8 months pregnant at the time. Still the baby grew to have a good career in the merchant navy!

      Delete
  2. I love the water, you are very lucky to own a boat in live in such a lovely area. The photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous area to live in.

    Perhaps falling in the water encouraged your little one to enter the navy :).

    ReplyDelete