Frugal in Derbyshire was recently talking about being prepared. I am not sure we are that organised but now we have more "shed" room we are certainly making more use of what we have in the house.
For instance last week in clearing out a cupboard I was able to supply hubby with new bootlaces saved last year and lost in a box in the back part under the stairs.
This weekend in tidying the outhouse area, I found a half empty pot of tile adhesive plus a small ice cream tub with some water proof grouting mix and I was able to replace the missing tile at the end of the bath. There was a tin of gloss paint, but rusty round the lid, but paint was fine and I repainted the skirting and that can be reattached. No cost. It also puts pay to ANY talk of our bathroom needing to be ripped out and replaced. I agree the dull the beige of the tiles is not my thing but there is very little to complain about now.
Now if only the two old packs of puncture repair kits are OK and now carefully collected up to be stored in this tub, I might be able to get my bike mended!
I am jealous of lots of bloggers who find good fabrics in charity shops because I never have. Buoyed by the Great British Sewing Bee using a duvet in the remake challenge the other week I stopped to have yet another look in a couple of charity shops with little hope. This time I found this single duvet with two pillow cases for £3.95. It is a bit worn on the inside (the dotty side) but I love the roses pattern top fabric.