Friday 26 August 2016

Three Rs

Raspberries, radiators and recycling.

Been composing my blog fora couple of days and started thinking Three Rs to remember what I wanted to write about!

Autumn raspberries. A box every other day which we can mostly manage to eat. A bowl with yogurt at lunch time or some thing with ice cream for tea. Every so often half a pound are frozen for puddings later in the year. I like these autumn varieties - the fruit is bigger and firmer than the summer ones and I think we have got more per cane.


Radiator painting.  Hard up Hester was writing about doing up her house for sale and doing all those little jobs put off for years while living there.  I was inspired to get some of those jobs done and reap the benefit of living with the improvements. Downstairs the previous owners had painted the radiators blue. In fact they painted the walls, the door frames and the skirting with the same paint!  They looked awful against our lighter new emulsion. I have ignored them for a year now but no more!

We had a tin of one coat radiator paint in our stash of DIY stuff and an old brush. Nice breeze this week to blow out the smell. It took two coats to get this radiator in the lounge any where near nice and white.
Good use of that annoying long paper that comes as packing in Amazon boxes - it makes a carpet cover under the radiator.


Recycling - new programme on interiors for 'nought on Channel 4!  I think this is a remake of something Kirsty whatsit did some time ago.  Gok is not to my taste particularly but he had some good designers doing the recycling actual work and people using Freecycle a lot.  But when her says "next to nothing" and then spends £20 on some material, I have to laugh! His next to nothing and mine are universes apart!  Some good ideas seen.

 I got to find this programme when I wandered in from the baking garden one hot afternoon this week looking for a break from the heat.  I am not doing too well on the very hot days and am looking forward to autumn.






7 comments:

  1. Its been very hot and the grandchildren's paddling pool has come in handy to cool off. I have Autumn raspberries but they are tiny so far. We desperately need rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up any hope of weeding its rock hard here!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I dare watch that programme as I will probably end up shouting at the telly...lol.
    A lady after my own heart....I can't wait for autumn either-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I shout a bit too! Sound like John Macinroe(?) "you must be kidding???"

      Delete
  3. I love Raspberries, I think you are right Kirstie did do this programme before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thought so. I do love Matt who is often on George Clarke programmes.

      Delete
  4. Me too (I mean long for Autumn too)! I am going to look for that Channel 4 program on my (free) Filmon television. xx

    ReplyDelete