Been working on this chair project this week. It is a leather tub chair with a fixed seat (not an Ikea one which I have discovered would have been much easier). I didn't want to spoil the leather at all, it is in good condition, but I wanted to add some colour and pattern as it was making the corner of the bedroom quite dark.
The fabric (on the floor) came from the Oxfam shop for £5.60. When I did look up ideas on Pininterest I could see most makeovers involved stapling which I did not want to do that except on the underneath.
I developed a paper pattern following the existing leather panels and kept fitting and trying out the shaping till it fitted.
In the end I tacked it all up with big loose stitches and then machined it up in stages. Eventually it fitted reasonably. I could not re do any bits this time as I had limited fabric. If I do this again I might choose a fabric (and have enough) that could be cut on the bias around the back semi circular bit.
My first upholstery project - I might find some others!