Sunday 4 March 2018

Metered water bill

Received our first metered water bill for 6 months.  We decided not to change any habits just yet to see what "norm" was. It has worked out to approximately £6 per week.  Un-metered it was just over £10 per week.  £4 saved per week, total £24.  I am sure we can improve with a few habit changes too.

Not our best saving though. In August 2017 we gave up our mobile phone contract and brought a £10 phone and £10 credit plus £10 free credit on joining. We had gone from 2 state of the art phones and 2 contracts 5 years ago (when working) to 2 years ago to 1 expensive phone and the cheapest monthly package of £10.  Which was a big saving in itself. But that £20 spent in August still has £2.64 credit to use.  So in 6 months instead of £60 spent out we have spent £18. Saving over 6 months £40.

I am going to use the savings to have some highlights put in my dull grey hair and have a nice cut.  Here is the before  - I may post an after!!

I am super excited tonight by the way as I have just made my first sale on my Folksy site GrandmaMakes of a handmade bag. All my costs so far have been covered by this one sale so I am excited to expand my market offerings and get on with some more sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of the bag, that's a great confidence booster. I'm sure you'll do well.Im hoping we've saved money on the water this year. Ours comes out at £125 per six months. We've really got into the habit of collecting the cold water that runs prior to the hot. This is used to flush the cloakroom toilet. Treating yourself every now and again is all part of being frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on you sale.

    Good savings on the water bill and the cell phones.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your first sale. I hope there are many more to come.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the sale of the bag - here's to many more.
    Our first full 6 month water metered bill was just under £65 for the six months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on all your savings and congrats on your first sale!

    ReplyDelete