Wednesday 4 April 2018

Please call an end on this cold!

I have yet to double check the accounts but even our rough estimates have shown this winter fuel bills as being outrageous due to the prolonged cold.

Two lots of heating oil delivered in 500 litre lots - and the last lot was 10p a litre more than in the late autumn. (about £450 in total)  We have rattled through £250 delivery of logs too.  Supplemented by clearing out a lot of scrap wood and fences that fell down in the high winds.  I am not going to look at the electric bill - that will be too much heart ache.

Image result for heating

Roll on the summer!!!

My husband has been watching some day time TV programme where people run off to Spain for 3 months for the winter and live cheaply. I think he worked out our winter fuel bill would have paid for a one be apartment for 6 weeks.  Tempting.


3 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation I had snow flurries happening outside my kitchen window 10 minutes ago - and the wind is howling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oil is such an expensive form of heating and I feel for people who have no option but to use it. Is there no gas locally? I'd love a log burner but it would be silly spending £3k on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that everyone is experiencing a longer than normal winter. Here in Saskatchewan, Canada the forecast is calling for another dump of snow the end of this week beginning of the next. Hope we all warm up very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete