Monday 14 May 2018

Do I look hot?

One of the things all boat owners will tell you - its a lot of maintenance!! Husband bailed the bilges out (at least a dozen bucket loads) and  I had to scrub all the insides to get rid of winter grunge.
I think this where I was saying  - "Dearest Husband, Do you see that pub across the water?  I bet they have cold beer!!"

If you are wondering why one of my rag plaited rugs is here on the staging - the surface is covered in a hard non slip treatment by the Environment Agency we rent the berth from. We quickly learnt you can lose a lot of knee skin or a pair of jeans in seconds and now go equipped with mats and rugs to help getting up and down uninjured.

6 comments:

  1. My brother has a boat, which he and his wife love (I'm not so keen, although my husband loves it). Brother seems to spend as much time maintaining/mending it as he does driving it. I don't suppose that's the correct term (it's a rib), piloting is probably better! I expect you have lots of lovely adventures in yours, though. Did you get your cold beer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! We went home for a cup of tea and a bit of cake in the garden soon after that!

      Delete
  2. I just might have been saying "That pub has cold beer and you should get me one. Right now."

    Have fun with your boat, please share your adventures with us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a lovely place to be on a sunny day although you wouldn't get me on a boat for a million pounds...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pub I was in for lunch today had cold beer! You definitely look hot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and the sound of an ice cold beer.....delish!

    ReplyDelete